domingo, 20 de junio de 2021

Website

The plant list is a website that in the first year I learned to use for various jobs that include plants, because it gives me a scientific name that is more acceptable to the species I am investigating. When entering the page, we realize that it is completely in English, but it is not complicated to use, you just have to enter your search engine and enter the genus or genus and the species that one thinks to find, for example, Zea o Zea mays.

Then a table with names will appear with the names, their status either acceptable or a synonym of the plant, the level of confidence that is represented in stars, the best option being the one that contains the most, the source and the date supplied. Once the plant is finished and found, we can also know which family the plant belongs to.


I like this site because it allows me to know the species I am looking for, also allowing me to discard information that may be from another plant. But I must admit that I still don't use the whole website. And generally, I use this page when looking for plants that I am just getting to know.

Link: http://www.theplantlist.org/


4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Ivanouna, plantlist save us from species names and their authors.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. this page is very similar to the one I mentioned called Tropicos

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This website helped me a lot in my previous works

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This page helped me a lot when I made my herbarium

    ResponderEliminar

Halloween

Hello! I hope you are well, this week we have to talk about a free topic so... as Halloween was recently, I will tell you about the origins ...